Prison Prayer Y BAUTISMO -Jan 14 2019

As i write this my clothes are soaked because we played soccer all morning in the rain, and that was a lot of fun! Things are really good in our area and we are seeing lots of small miracles and finding people that are prepared to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ! Each day I love the culture here more and more, and I'm so grateful for this time I have in Argentina.

One lesson we had this week the mom was telling us about some problems she has been having recently and her kids were talking SO loud the whole time! but the spirit was so strong and despite her loud kids there was a peace that was felt, with the hope of the message we were sharing.

BLESSING- This week we went to a members house whose kid was sick and she asked me to give the blessing. I was a little worried and not feeling confident in my ability to give a blessing in Castellano, but the mom looked at me and said simply to follow the spirit. I had been thinking too much in MY abilities and not in the blessing from our father in heaven. It was such an amazing experience and I felt guided as I gave the blessing. My testimony was strengthened in the power of the priesthood, and the love our father in Heaven has for his children.

This week we had interviews with president and each time I learn something new from him. he always gives me council on something or shares something that helps me to be a better missionary. 

COOL BUS EXPERIENCE- 
This week all the missionaries in our district also went to BELLA VISTA to help the missionaries there find new people. We had a great time there finding new people and on the way back on the bus a guy tapped me on the shoulder. 
   We started to talk and he asked who we were and what we do. We talked about where we were from, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and breakfast in the United States. Afterwords he gave me his phone number to answer more questions he had and then he left. 
   I feel like I got here yesterday but after this conversation I realized how much I actually know and that I can have a conversation in Castellano. Pretty Cool! I'm loving my time here and the past 6 months have flown by, but I've learned so many things!

PRISON PRAYER- A couple weeks ago Roque was in the wrong place at the wrong time and ended up in jail. The police can be somewhat corrupt here and hes had to be in jail for something he didn't do. Anyways, we got permission to go and visit him and we did and saw him and his inmates and gave them books of Mormon and talked with them about the change they want to see in their lives. Afterwords they asked us to give a prayer for them and my comp ( who knows Castellano) looked at me and didn't say a word. SO I gave the prayer and it was a pretty cool experience! 

We also baptized Brayan who we found two weeks ago and has progressed so fast! He loves church and his mom wants to get baptized too! After his baptism we played soccer in the dark with some members and people were teaching!

This is my last week in Villa Alem, and its gonna be hard to say goodbye but I'm also excited to go to a new area and meet more people!

Love you guys! - Elder Blackburn

1.Bautismo de Brayan
2.random pic
3.other random pic!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dengue Fever May 20,2019

Already Two Weeks!

The Holy Ghost Nov 25, 2019