Faith Without Works

Hola! This week was fairly cold. It had been pretty hot but then the
rain came and kinda stayed, so it was a nice break from the heat.

On Tuesday we did divisiones with the Elders in La Union and it went
well! I went to their area with Elder Smith

I've been practicing piano more so I can play in church more frequently.

The Church members here are great and are starting to feel like
family! This week was mother's day here in Argentina and just like any
other holiday, they kind of go all out. on Friday we ate dinner with
the ward and on Sunday the family Flores invited us to eat lunch with
them. There was a ton of food and it was a good time.

In the bible James talks about how we can ask God in faith and he will
give us the answer to our prayers. And then he goes on to explain how
to use our faith. How it's much more than just believe, but how we
need to act too. James 2 : 14
"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and
have not works?"

18:."Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me
thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my
works."

26: For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works
is dead also.

 And as a missionary this is something I see on a daily basis. No
matter who it is we are talking to, for them to receive an answer and
a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, they need to ask of God,
and act with their faith.

It's pretty amazing. I've learned to see and appreciate what an effort
it is to read the scriptures, say a prayer, or go to church. Even
though its something so simple, for many it's a huge act of faith, and
I can feel the joy of a father in heaven when he sees his children
acting in faith to come closer to him. James 4
 "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you".

Today we had pday a zone and that was a lot of fun.  here's some pics
and there's also the pic from when we did the plaza abierta!

FOTOS!
1.plaza abierta!
2.zone pday playing soccer
3.elder bustos and I
4. view from our house
5.me
6.my face when I verify with our zone apparently haha






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Already Two Weeks!

The Holy Ghost Nov 25, 2019

Jesucristo Basta- April 22, 2019